Top 10 Things That You Might Have Not Known About The Late Pastor Neyi Zimu 2019 – Neyi Zimu was an inspirational South African gospel singer, worship leader, and pastor.
His music captured the hearts of Christians and encourages those who are suffering to trust in Jehova.
- Neyi Zimu, aged 49, was born Moses Gcinumuzi. He was raised in a small farm located in Sebokeng which is in the south of Johannesburg. As a child, he aspired to be a lawyer and a professional football player.
2. In 1996 Pastor Neyi Zimu started as the former founder and member of Family Factory and Joyous Celebration.
3. Neyi released his long-awaited solo Gospel album ‘ Excited’, in 2001 featuring renowned musician, Concorde Nkabinde and Jazz Duo ‘ Tsunami’. Following the success of ‘Excited’ Neyi went on to release his 2nd a and 3rd album ‘ Ena ke Nako’. in 2003 and “Message” in 2007 respectively.
4. Neyi has shared the stage with the likes of The Manhattans (during their South African tour) Sibongile Khumalo, Benjamin Dube, the late Wendy Mseleku, Vuyo Mokoena, and Rebecca Malope.
5. Neyi was also a pastor and founder of the All Nations Revival Ministries in Midrand, from where he serves his congregation loyally.
6. In 2012, Neyi also featured on a big (Gold selling, SAMA award winning) gospel project in South Africa called “Spirit of praise” 4 recorded live at the carnival city big top arena.
7. Neyi Zimu is married to his lovely wife, Nellie Sibisi-Zimu. The couple has three children.
8. he started singing at six years and his musical career started in high school when he was discovered by a late friend. Sharing the word of God through singing gives him great joy.
9. He has been part of projects such as ‘Healing in His presence’ which was led by his mentor, the great Benjamin Dube. He featured in the gold-selling, SAMA award-winning, Spirit of Praise in 2012 which was a live recording done at the carnival city big top arena.
10. Father, Husband, Founder of a church, Musician and businessman by day a “Jack of all trades”, but in Neyi’s case, truly a Master of his craft. #RIPNeyiZimu Singer and pastor Neyi Zimu has died not long after his family revealed that he was battling skin cancer and undergoing chemotherapy on the 4th December 2019.