Top 10 Things You Did Not Know About Sannie Fox In 2019 – Fox oscillates covering a germinating sonic tapestry of desert blues, soul and psychedelic rock sounds.
When your ears pay attention to the mythically marvellous blues riffs and stirring vocals that replenish her songs to the brim with soul, If you delight in the 70’s rock or powerful, soulful voices, then look no further, she is the rock goddess you have been scouting for!
- Sannie Fox is the leading lady of Machineri, prominent blues-rock band. Her impression sway on stage, raw guitar-playing & almost dirty vocals demand attention.
2. The insatiable singer and acrobat guitarist has released three albums; the first with her band, machineri and another two solo albums to follow entitled Serpente Masjien (SAMA Nominated) and My Soul Got Stranger.
3. Fox established the twanging blues-rock 3-piece machineri and emancipated a self-titled album in 2010 attributing the songs “Big Bad Machine” & “The Searchers” with all album art-work producing by Storm Thorgerson (Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd).
4. She was bred with roots between Cape Town and London has played in South Africa, UK, Asia, Scandinavia & Europe. She is currently based in London.
5. she is back in the country from the Crossroads Tour with former Ike and Tina band member, Jimmy Thomas, and Piedmont Tennessee blues guitarist, Michael Roach. Each year, they choose a female musician to join them on tour – Natasha Meister was chosen a few years ago – and “this year they invited me and I said: ‘hell yeah,’” Fox exclaims.
6. She has been a musician in South Africa for many years and been gigging since I was 19.
7. She loves the symbol of the snake, She says a serpent is the anarchic female symbol. It’s also a symbol of transformation, eternity and power for her.
8. Fox has collaborated with Geldenhuys on the track Killer she likes doing songs with three heavy riffs
9. Krige, who is her brother to my grandmother, Suzanne Fox. produced a speech for her, that speech was recorded at the City Hall of Cape Town in the 1960s. It was part of a series of public addresses by prominent speakers speaking out against government policies surrounding segregation of white and coloured people in South Africa during apartheid.
10. Fox officially joined the music industry following the release of her debut solo album entitled ‘Serpente Masjien’ in 2015.
If you would like to follow her on social media:
Written by: Aphiwe Theodorah Mvinjelwa