Venom And Shishiliza’s Hit Single ‘SONDELA’ Is Certified Gold. Three weeks after dropping their hit single on Valentine’s Day, Venom and Shishiliza’s ‘Sondela’ has been certified Gold! LISTEN HERE.
Speaking about the success of the single Venom says:“Sondela is very bittersweet. Bitter in the scene that we lost Ricky and sweet because it’s doing everything, we had imagined it for it to do. It’s crazy because we fought over the song so many times in the weeks prior to its drop and here we are with this no.1 but one of us is missing.” “It’s a very bittersweet feeling but we thank God nonetheless.”
- Certified Gold
- Number 1 on the Apple Music hip hop chart.
- Number 1 on the Apple Music Charts (all genres);
- Number 2 on Spotify
- Over 1 million streams in less than a month
- 1 million plays on YouTube.
- Top 30 on radio across both local and international
- #1 Trending topic on Twitter on day of release
- The single received over 400 000 streams in its first week of release, and has hit 1.4 Million to date
- Peaked at number 1 on YouTube Music, and is comfortably holding the top 2 position
Two singles in the bag and an upcoming collaborative project on the cards, Shishiliza shares that he looks forward to Sondela’s growth in South Africa, the rest of Africa and globally. He continues to speak about the single’s success by saying; “I am very happy and Blessed with the success of ‘Sondela’; it’s a song that we have been working on since June last year. There have been a lot of back and forth trying to perfect the song and the success means all the time we put into it was worth it.”