Internationally acclaimed house music duo, Black Motion, is set to rock Mzansi on Youth Day, Tuesday, 16 June in a virtual concert on Telkom Plus.
Telkom Plus has become a popular streaming platform, hosting some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry.
This year alone, Telkom Plus has hosted 35 virtual concerts including an Easter Sunday concert by Ntokozo Mbambo, Kwesta on Friday 29 May and now the dynamic duo, Black Motion, formed in 2010 by Thabo “Smol” Mabogwane and Robert “Murdah” Mahosana.
“It’s all about giving South Africans content that matter, that is what Telkom Plus is made for. And over the past few months, Telkom Plus has outdone itself; giving rich content to all subscribers,” says Wanda Mkhize, Executive: Content & VS Gaming.
The duo is currently one of SA’s hottest properties with a minimum of 10 000 streams per track. They are an independent internationally acclaimed duo that has been setting stages on fire since they came out.
Their performances are loved by many due to their ability to manage the stage very well, playing their drums and piano on stage while also dancing for their fans.
Telkom is a brand that prides itself on history, heritage and connection. The company says they chose to partner with Black Motion because of their bold and loud approach in what they do.
“The youth of today must embrace the doors opened by the youth of 1976. We simply cannot wait for this concert! Black Motion is a force to be reckoned with. They are young and vibrant and they relate well with the youth. This virtual concert is likely going to be an amazing piece of production,” says Wanda Mkhize, Executive: Content & VS Gaming.
Date: Tuesday 16 June (Youth Day)
Duration: 2 hour performance
Once off subscription fee: R20
Youth day is commemorated in South Africa as the day the youth of 1976 took to the streets to fight for the ban of Afrikaans and a medium of instruction.
To subscribe to Telkom Plus customers need to have a registered Telkom Simcard and subscribe to https://bit.ly/3cWc8vl
MORE ABOUT TELKOM PLUS
1. Telkom Plus is a Telkom users only subscription platform that aggregates wireless application service provider (WASP) and content service providers.
2. It is a subscription-only content platform that offers daily GAMING, SPORTS, MUSIC, LIFESTYLE, SOCIAL, and VIDEO content amongst other enriching content.
3. It is a one-stop-shop for customers to discover the range of digital services available on the internet which is designed to engage users and generate interest around VAS subscription services.
4. Telkom Plus platform allows a niche group of content services providers like Apps, Games, and music streaming platform developers to put their products on the Telkom Plus portal for a broader reach and service to the people.
5. The Telkom Plus portal fe atures a number of improved additions compared to ones by competitors. This one features device detection; it is rendered according to the capabilities of a user’s device. This ensures a consistent and improved user experience, even on legacy devices.
6. Customers are able to access this portal on a browser (www.telkomplus.co.za), USSD (*180*4#), or even the Telkom App.
7. Telkom Plus is the default homepage for all customers who create a new data session on the mobile network (device dependant) and is zero-rated for data usage to further stimulate traffic.
In essence, This is a portal that is automatically triggered by the network when certain events occur that would normally result in a customer landing on a “dead end” webpage, such as when a customer runs out of credit or depletes their data allocation.
Instead of ending the data session, the customer is instead presented with an engaging content portal with functionality the customer can access right away, improving the user experience and providing the operator with a powerful, high-traffic digital sales channel.
For more information about the Telkom and Telkom plus, please visit www.telkom.co.za, follow @TelkomZA on Twitter and Telkom on Facebook